2019 Call for Panels - Extended to May 3rd
DVCon Europe is planning to host two highly focused technical panel discussions. DVCon Europe is looking for panels that are lively, controversial, and provoke discussion on a specific topic of interest to the community. Panel sessions should not consist of paper presentations, but should have plenty of discussion engaging the audience. Panels are scheduled for one hour on October 29 or 30. DVCon Europe will select which day the panels will be presented. Please make sure that moderator and panelists are available on the day before the panel for a final sync up on the panel.
DVCon Europe will attempt to work with the original organizer in refining the panel, but if this is not successful, another organizer may be appointed. If multiple panel suggestions are submitted with similar topics, the committee may choose to accept one over the others, to merge the proposed panels, or to reject all of them.
PANEL SUBMISSION PROCESS
Proposals should be 1-2 pages in length and should contain:
- The topic, if possible formulated as a provocative question
- The issues to be discussed, including a short listing of pro and con arguments
- Short biographies of the moderator and prospective panelists
- Any special requirements
- Extended to 3 May, 2019: Panel proposals due
- 11 June, 2019: Accept/reject notification Accepted panel organizer, moderators and panelists will be invited and agree to do the following:
- Submit the final version of the tutorial presentation
- Register for the conference
- 17 July, 2019: All panel content due for Conference Program and website: panel title, abstract, panelist names, affiliations, emails and biographies
- 29 - 30 October, 2019: DVCon Europe 2019 conference.
DVCon Europe Panel Chair:
Tran Nguyen, ARM