DVCon Europe 2017 Call For Papers
Submissions will open on March 9th.
The Design and Verification Conference & Exhibition Europe (DVCon Europe) is the premier conference for system architects, concept engineers, software developers, design and verification engineers, and IP integrators to share the latest methodologies and technologies on the practical use of EDA and IP languages and standards used in electronic design.
The focus of this highly technical conference is on the industrial application of specialized design and verification languages such as SystemC, SystemVerilog, VHDL, UVM or e; assertions in SVA or PSL; the use of AMS languages; design automation using IP-XACT; and the use of general purpose languages C and C++.
This call for papers solicits presentations that are highly technical and reflect real life experiences in using EDA languages, standards, methodologies and tools. Industry applications of interest include (but are not limited to) automotive, mobile communication, aerospace, healthcare, chip-cards, consumer and power electronics. Submissions are encouraged in (but not restricted to) the four topic areas listed below. Low power techniques and design for functional safety (e.g., ISO 26262, DO-254) are pervasive and can be addressed in any of these topics areas.
Topic Area 1: System-level design
- Requirements-driven design including traceability
- Virtual and hardware-assisted prototyping
- Architecture exploration
- Hardware/software/embedded co-design
- System-on-chip and network-on-chip design
- System development methodologies and flows
- High-level synthesis from ESL languages
- Safety and security in system-level design
Topic Area 2: Verification & Validation
- Requirements-driven design and verification including traceability
- Verification process, reuse and resource management
- Methods bridging between verification and validation
- Hardware/software co-verification
- Advanced methodologies, testbenches, and flows (e.g., UVM, HDLs, HVLs, testbench automation)
- Testbench qualification
- Formal and semi-formal techniques
- Safety and security in verification and validation
Topic Area 3: IP Reuse and Design Automation
- Interoperability of models and/or tools
- IP tagging, protection or security
- SoC and IP integration methods, flows, and tools
- Configuration management of IPs including different abstraction level)
- Flow and tool automation (e.g., IP-XACT)
Topic Area 4: Mixed-signal design and verification
- AMS concept and system design
- Application of mixed-signal extensions (e.g., UVM)
- Real-number modeling approaches
- Mixed-signal design and verification techniques (applied on proper abstraction level)
- Self-checking in analog verification
Draft Paper Submission Process
Note that a draft version of the paper is sufficient at this stage. A draft paper should contain at least:
- Title: The paper title.
- Contact information: Name, affiliation, phone number and email address for all authors.
- Abstract: Outline that clearly states the context and motivation of your contribution, approx. 100 words.
- Application: Clearly describe the technical contribution, reflects real life experiences, and its industrial application.
- (Preliminary) results: Summarize the results, including facts and figures. State how these differ from previous work or state-of-the-art on the same subject.
- Conclusions: Major conclusions and findings presented in the paper.
- Relevance of the paper: Describe the significance and/or benefits of the proposed paper in a short list.
- Draft paper: number of pages max. 8, draft paper shall be close to final paper
- Full paper: number of pages max. 8
In general, please provide enough details so that the Technical Program Committee can evaluate the potential quality and interest of your proposed presentation at DVCon Europe 2017.
Please submit your draft version of the paper via the Navigation Center by April 7, 2016. The Navigation Center will open on March 15 and a link will be posted on the conference website.
Draft and full paper requirements and templates can be found in our Speaker Resource Center.
- April 4, 2017: Draft paper submission deadline.
- June 12, 2017: Accept/Reject Notification sent to all authors.
- Accepted authors will be invited and agree to do the following by August 10, 2017:
- Submit the final version of the paper (max. 8 pages)
- Register for the conference
- Submit a copyright form
- All accepted authors agree to present an oral or poster presentation at the conference on October 16-17, 2017.
Please note: Consistent with the requirements for other DVCon Europe 2017 presentations, your presentation may contain your company logo only on the title slide.
- October 16, 2017: Tutorials & Exhibition.
- October 17, 2017: Technical papers sessions, poster session, exhibition.
DVCon Europe 2017 honors the Best Paper/Presentation and Best Lightening Talk submissions. The awards will be selected by the attendees at DVCon Europe 2017 based on the quality of both the paper and the presentation.