TPC Member Resource Center
TPC Member Resource Center
Thank you for being a member of the DVCon Europe 2018 Technical Program Committee! This TPC Member Resource Center is designed to help you through the review process for papers and slides.
- April 23-27th: Bidding
- May 7th: Abstract Review Site Opens
- May 21st: Abstract Review Site Closes
- May 30th: Official Accept/Reject Notification
- June 20 - July 5th: Round 2 Review TPC to provide feedback on Papers
- July 5 - July 31st: Author to incorporate Feedback
- September 5th: Final paper Status sign-off due from Shepherds
Bidding on Extended Abstracts
Bidding Opens on Monday, April 23
- You will receive exact instructions on how to properly bid on abstracts.
- Bidding will be completed through your Navigation Center.
- The bidding scale below is how you will rate the abstracts.
- Bidding Scale:
- 4 - Very familiar, eager to review
- 3 - Familiar, can capably review
- 2 - Somewhat familiar, can review but prefer not to
- 1 - Not familiar, please don’t assign to me
- Bidding Scale:
- You must bid on all abstracts.
- You will automatically be given the score 3- Familiar, can capably review if you do not place bids.
Bidding Closes on Friday, April 27
Abstract Review - Round 1
Review Site Opens for Abstracts on Monday, May 7
You will receive exact instructions on how to review abstracts and your required reviews.
The TPC Chair will assign required abstracts to you for review based upon your bids.
Your required abstracts are denoted by a checkmark in the “Required” column on “Your Reviews” page.
Should you choose to do so, you may review more than what is required of you.
You have until 5PM (MST) to complete your required reviews.
Committee Discussion May 22 - 25th
- The TPC chair will designate a meeting time to go over which papers should be accepted/rejected. Your participation in this meeting is very valuable as you are the committee who has read & reviewed these submissions.
Accept/Reject Notifications will be sent on Wednesday, May 30
All Accepted abstracts will produce a full paper for the conference proceedings.
Paper Review - Round 2
Round 2 Papers Review Site Opens on Wednesday, June 20
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review paper for the Second Round.
- You will also receive an email notification each time a new paper has been uploaded or the submitter has made new comments.
- All communication with other reviewers will be done through your Navigation Center.
- You will be designated as a “Shepherd” or “Other Reviewer.”
- Shepherd: The shepherd must ensure that the final paper is worthy of publication. They will be the communication channel to the authors, They are responsible for taking all feedback from the other reviewers and organizing it before submitting to the author.You will be the only one who communicates changes to the submitter. You will compile all feedback to send to the submitter.
- Other Reviewer: You will send all of your feedback to the Shepherd, not the submitter.
- While reviewing draft papers, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- PDF file type
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Proceedings Paper Templates
Feedback On Draft Paper
Feedback on Papers Deadline is between June 20 - July 5th
You will communicate with Submitter on paper changes as needed.
- Feedback will be communicated through the Navigation Center.
- You will receive an email each time a new comment is submitted.
- This process consists of collaboration between the author and the TPC member in the given time period to ensure the highest quality paper.
Second Draft Paper - Round 3
The submitter will incorporate feedback July 5 - 31st
You will need to make sure that incorporations were made to the paper. Then confirm that this paper is ready for proceedings and conference.
Final Papers are due Wednesday, September 5th
Slides Review and Feedback
If you are assigned as a Session Chair for DVCon Europe, you will be required to review the presentation slides.
Draft Slides are due by September 19th
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review slides.
- All communication with the speaker will be done through your Navigation Center.
- Session Chairs are responsible for reviewing slides for their sessions.
Feedback on slides are due by September 26th
- Communicates all slide feedback sent to the speaker.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please keep in mind that the slides are only allowed to have the company logo on the first slide only.
- Slides must use the template and have an aspect ratio of 16:9.
Final slides are due on October 3rd
Session Chairs are to make sure that the slides are ready for conference.
October 24 - 25th
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference and load them on the computers in the meeting room by using a portable USB Drive.
- Session Chairs, please arrive 30 minutes early to ensure all speakers have loaded their slides on the computer and get comfortable with the AV equipment that is provided.